Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sur La Table

In case some of you don't know sur la table is "on the table" in french.
Good eats at the Bailey household. I am trying to make a weekly menu and a strict grocery list so I don't end up at the grocery store and buy things I don't need, or a whole bunch of things that won't make a meal. It has been extremely helpful, especially when the kid's don't come with me. Don't get me wrong I love taking my kid's to the store and showing them where food comes from and letting them pick stuff out, but when you are trying to stick to a list and not over spend, I look like the Mom that never lets their kids have anything. "No we cannot get that, Not today, I already got you something, that's not on sale." Sound familiar mommies? :) I love my kid's. I do take pride, however, that I can send Tucker down the cereal isle and tell to pick out some cereals, and without telling which ones he can and cannot have, he automatically comes back with, frosted mini wheats, honey nut Cheerios, and oatmeal squares. :) Good job Tucky you make mom so proud.
Now that I wrote you a book on my grocery shopping experiences here is the menu:

Friday:
Homemade pizza. (pepperoni with olives for the kid's; combo for Rob; and Margarita for  Mom).

Saturday:
Breaded chicken with eggplant topenade, served with salad.

Sunday:
Tri Tip Sammies, with tater tots, and green beans.

Monday:
Tuscan bean soup with garlic brochette.

Tuesday:
Sundried tomato penne with chicken and served with salad and avocados.

Wednesday:
Leftovers. (I know, I get the same response at my house, but a necessary so we don't waste food).

Thursday:
Skirt steak Tacos with black beans and guacamole. Yummm!!!

Friday:
Roasted veggie and black bean Rice bowls. (my family loves black beans).

Good Eats Everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stef, Looks great. You have made me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, whenever I watch the food channel I always go digging in the fridge, because everything looks good.:)

    ReplyDelete