Sunday, July 7, 2013

A DAY OF BLACK AND WHITE

Well, summer is here in Susanville, Ca. and that means many fun moments in the outdoors. My family loves being outside, fishing, swimming, camping; the list goes on and on, but the most memorable ones seem to be when we just explore and go on an adventure. One of Susanville's hidden beauties is the Bizz Johnson trail. Starting at the train depot, you pass over some old train tracks, a beautiful bridge, pass the Susan river, and if you keep going you can walk almost 25 miles. However, we did not go that far, as I have little feet and they were tired by the end of our walk.

 
My little babies are getting so big!!! I always remind myself
to enjoy these little hidden moments because times like
these won't last for long!!
 
 
Running down the old rail road track!!

 
Sister finally caught up with the boys at the bridge!!
 
 
Hard to imagine time has gone by so fast. Tucker is no longer a kinder;
he past his first year in school with flying colors and will
continue on to first grade!! Ahhhh!!
 

 
Kemper is our little man who is shy, reserved, and afraid
of a lot of things, but he has the biggest heart; when he sees
someone hurting he wants to make them feel better.

 
Sammie is our wild child. Great!! It had to be our little girl.
She loves being outside and adventure. Rob and I always say
she is worst than the boys about getting into stuff , climbing
on high objects and jumping off, and she even loves playing
shoot'em'up'bang'bang with her bros. She has the most beautiful
smile and big blue eyes.
 
When I was younger; way before I had kids or even met Rob, I always
used the phrase "Enjoy life to the fullest." But, I never really understood
or appreciated that little phrase until now. Time is flying by so fast and it only
seems to get faster as the kids get older. As Mom and the runner of the household
it is my duty to make sure I am bringing up a tight family. I am always reminding my
boys that us five are always going to be there for each other and no matter what we
stick up for each other. Many people might say that I use the phrase "I love you"
too much, but I say, whenever I feel the need to say it I am going to. As parent's
it is our obligation to make sure our kid's feel secure and confident, and that they are
loved more than anything; so when they grow up and find their own life, they always
know who to confide in when things go sour. I love you; my three little musketeers!!
 It didn't seem like
much at the time but it ended up to be a great day that they still talk about!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Post Stef. I love seeing your family. Thank you for sharing those moments!!!

    ReplyDelete